Water Damage Cleanup Services
Water Damage Restoration & Cleanup Services
If you suffer water damage, then use professional Water Damage and Cleanup Services
We Certified Property Restoration Experts
In a very short period of time, water damage can ruin your home or business and is why you should use Water Damage Cleanup Services. Water can cause damage in many ways, including: ruining carpeting, warping wood, shrinking leather and depending on the water source, can be a health hazard causing serious illness or even death. If not properly cleaned up, water damage will quickly lead to mold growth. Have the water damage cleaned up immediately to prevent extensive damage.
At Restoration 1 Queens, we hire only the best and our team members are highly trained and also certified by the IICRC – the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification. Our qualified restoration experts can determine the damage done and make educated assessments of the remediation services you require. We follow all local, state and federal regulations and guidelines.
How to Mitigate Water Damage
Extensive water damage is a real threat after a water disaster that has resulted in flooding, such as after a storm or even from burst pipes. Contact us to prevent, mitigate or repair any damages. Here are some DIY tips for mitigating water damage while waiting for our team to arrive:
- Safely, look for any potential electrical hazards and beware of slippery surfaces.
- Turn on fans/air conditioners if you can, and if not, open windows to start air circulation. The heavy equipment will be provided by us.
- Hang curtains, rugs, upholstery, cushions and anything fabric made to dry in an airy space.
- Gather any dry, loose items from floors, tables and walls and store in a dry place
- Try to remove as much water as you can using mops or wet vacuums.
- Wipe down wooden furniture to dry it as best as possible.
- Put water proof barriers between your furniture legs and the wet floor or carpet, such as plastic or aluminum foil.
How Restoration 1 Can Help you with Water Damage Cleanup Services
Once our team arrives, our water damage trained specialists will start the mitigating process to address all potential consequences and repercussions. Our professionals know where to look for water damage as well as fix the damage.
- We use industrial fans, wet vacuums and pumps to dry all indoor surfaces including carpets.
- Carpeting will be pulled up and salvaged if possible.
- Restoration of personal belongings, (art, books, furniture, etc.) will be done if possible.
- Dehumidify and clean all affected areas to prevent the growth of mold.
Water Damage Cleanup Services and The Water Damage Restoration Process
When our team arrives, we will address the more serious water removal tasks. Our water damage restoration process includes:
Providing a complete inspection looking for the source of the water intrusion, followed by analyzing the damage using moisture detection tools and finding hidden damage. We then discuss the findings and recommendations.
Mitigating the damage by thoroughly cleaning and drying the area to prevent further damage.
Controlling moisture intrusion by finding the source of the water damage and then correct it.
Preventing the spread of contaminants by thoroughly cleaning and drying the affected areas as quickly as possible. We implement tools such as a thermo-hygrometer, to get the job done.
Dehumidifying and ventilating the area to prevent mold growth and secondary water damage.
Completing a final inspection of the property once the area has been cleaned, dried and ventilated to make sure nothing was missed.
Repairing and restoring the property as needed to bring your home or business back to its pre-damaged condition.
We’ll handle your property like it was our own, with the utmost care during every step of the process. We use advanced techniques and equipment to ensure that mold will not be a concern after the restoration process as well as restoring top notch indoor air quality. Restoration 1 can handle all of your water damage restoration needs, from plumbing leaks to flooding.